Visiting Researchers are researchers who apply to join the Centre on a non-stipendiary basis to pursue research in line with the Centre’s remit. Visiting Researchers are appointed for a period between three and twelve months, and are expected to attend the Centre’s various activities and contribute to them. They will have access to a wide range of resources in the field of Islamic and Middle Eastern studies, including the vast collection of material at the numerous University of Cambridge libraries. They are also given a University of Cambridge email account, and they will be able to attend public lectures and seminars in the University. The Centre, however, does not offer office space or accommodation.
- The application deadline for the 2020-2021 Visiting Researchers is October 1, 2021. Applicants will be notified by May 31, 2021.
- Accepted Visiting Researchers will be required to pay an administrative fee of £700 (+ VAT) for a stay of up to six months and £1,400 (+ VAT) for up to twelve months. VAT is currently charged at a rate of 20%.
- Application material:
- Application form and Terms and Conditions
- Covering letter stating the purpose of applying for a research affiliation with the Centre, and the duration of the affiliation (bearing in mind that this period cannot exceed twelve months).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Research proposal of no more than two pages.
- Two reference letters, with at least one of them academic, emailed directly to the Director of the Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.