Educational Talks & Activities
The programme aims to further develop and strengthen our relationship with schools within Cambridgeshire and offer talks, workshops and debates on Islam and Muslims, particularly issues concerning Muslims in the West. The Centre has established links with a wide range of schools: state, private, primary, secondary, faith and no faith schools. We work closely with the teachers to establish what they and their pupils are interested in and the activities that suit their level and age.
Examples of the topics that have been delivered and discussed:
- Pillars of Faith and Pillars of Islam
- Islam: faith, rituals, Quran and Prophet Mohammad
- The relationship between Islam and other religions
- Muslim dress (especially Hijab)
- Muslim families and communities (including marriage and children)
- Muslims in the West: identity, politics and media representation.
- Muslim women and their role in the society